Sunday, June 3, 2012

For the last sixteen months I have been on a low residue restrictive diet in the effort to control my Crohn's Disease.   I feel constantly hungry.  I have not eaten a meal in all this time.  I mostly snack on a few regular things.  They include soft bananas, eggs, a little peanut butter, toast and a little yogurt.  This is it.  Of course you can imagine I am sick of these foods since this is all I have been able to eat.  The other problem is my lack of nutrition and energy.   If I sway from these few foods there is hell to pay as you can imagine and many with Crohn's can attest to.  I drink lots of liquids in an effort to keep my energy up but it is hard.  I refuse to go out to eat as it is just painful to sit and watch everyone else and I no longer cook the meals.   I used to always be concerned about my weight and now looking back I would completely do it differently.  I would just eat and enjoy being able to eat because you never know when that will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment