Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Most of us with Crohn's Disease probably don't look sick.  It is such a misconception to see someone who is really suffering, yet they may look healthy and you assume they are fine.  Assuming is really wrong, some of us are just forcing ourselves to go about our daily lives and look and act as normal as possible.  Our loved ones who are close to us can attest to what we really are going through.  Just because I get up everyday and force myself to shower and dress doesn't mean I feel like doing that.  I keep moving forward and try to keep things as normal as possible even though I feel far from normal.  When I was in the office with my Infectious Disease Doctor and broken out with lupus, he said "for as sick as you are you look healthy".   What the heck does that mean.  I don't have sick stamped on my forehead but believe me when I say, I am.   

No comments:

Post a Comment