Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Have you ever left the house and gone somewhere and when you get there you immediately wished you had stayed home  Arriving and doing whatever the task is at hand, just proves to be too much for you to handle?  That was me today at Costco, I felt completely out of sorts.  Just trying to drag myself up and down the isle till it was over with.  It is hard to accept the fact that you are sick and just need to stay home all the time but it is a better environment than pretending to feel well and coming across crass.  I cannot stand and pretend I am well and happy and carry on a conversation and seem interested when I am having a hard time just standing up and functioning.  I think this is one of the very hard things with this disease.  I have learned to say no and eventually people quit asking and the judgement follows, but honestly if getting out of bed each day is all we can muster up to do, then I don't think we should be bullied into doing more than that.  It is what is is.  No one would give up an active life to become a sick hermit at home, it's not about no wanting to, it's about knowing your limits and clearly today I misjudged my own

No comments:

Post a Comment