Saturday, July 30, 2011

Living Daily With Crohns Diseae Topic: Sleeping or lack thereof

So sleeping or lack thereof is an issue with this disease.  I'm sure I am not alone.  We are all probably sitting up at night trying to get through the pain.  I have found that if I use my heating pad all night on high it gets me through the night, but not without waking up and tossing and turning.  After many sleepless nights, I now sleep with the TV on pain pills at my bedside and something to take them with.  It's too bad, because you can't get well and heal without proper sleep.  The better sleep you get the better you feel with this disease.  I recently got a prescription for a sleep aid, but am reluctant to try it, for fear I will be stuck on it the rest of my life.  Seems silly probably to some, but I no longer trust doctors to completely have your best interest at heart when it comes to your health, I have learned you have to take the bulls by the reign and lead a lot of  your care yourself.  In and out of bed everyday seems to help and is a pleasant respite considering how I feel. Having the comfort of taking a 1/2 of a pain pill and cuddling up with the heating pad is a nice relief.  That's why being home is comforting.  I have the advantage of having taken full advantage of my energy in life prior to this disease and am thankful that I did. 

2 comments:

  1. Also wondering...Have you had any issues with RLS? And did it occur while on Humira?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always had RLS so it's hard to tell. That can sure be annoying too.

    ReplyDelete