Thursday, April 19, 2012

I feel as if I am a burden on my family.  Frankly, my children seem to have little patience for my illness lately and my husband is carrying the burden of taking care of me.  Today I couldn't go and do a simple task of grocery shopping. So my husband is off to buy groceries and run errands.  I wish I could change things but unfortunately I can't.  I understand that it must get old to see me sick and nothing is getting better.  I cherish the few good days and hours that I am able to have some reprieve but it seems to be less and less lately.  I rarely hear from anyone anymore and this disease is becoming more and more isolating.  No wonder elderly people get depressed, when you are alone I suppose you start to feel that no one really cares.  At least I have a long life ahead of me and I always have the hope that things will get better.  I am just seeing things from a different perspective having been through being chronically ill.


1 comment:

  1. I totally understand what you are talking about , I also can't do many of the things I used to due to anxieties about getting to a toilet on time . My wife sometimes says she feels like a single mum but I don't blame her at all cause she does a lot for me

    ReplyDelete