Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Just when you think things can't get any worse for you, they do.  Lupus Myositis in my upper right shoulder.   I literally cannot get myself up to a sitting position after sleeping.  The pain in my shoulders is debilitating at night and in the morning, gets better and then returns in the afternoon.  My Crohn's disease is really flaring it's ugly head today too.  Along with this, my migraines kicked in last night and all this with fighting a chest cold.  I feel and look like crap.  You know you are miserable when you look miserable and you just don't care.  That's me.  I am sleeping most of my night in a chair, because lying down is too painful.  I may sound like a broken record, but really Crohn's Disease seemed overwhelming as it was and then to deal with Lupus on top of it because of the Humira seems just over the top.  Don't think it can't happen to you, it did to me and I worry that many aren't being careful enough with this drug.  I worry about my chest cold since having developed Latent TB while on Humira and being unable to treat it due to my liver damage from yes you guessed it Humira.

1 comment:

  1. Janice - I feel ur pain as I took Humira for Crohn's and I got the lovely Lung Condition "B.O.O.P." for which I needed CHEMOTHERAPY to live through. Now I'm disabled as a result of it all as the Chemo caused more Crohn's probs and another very serious Crohn's surgery. I will follow ur Blog and I'm posting my Humira Blog URL here in case u r interested. Hang tough - we Crohnies R tougher than cockroaches!!!!

    http://hospitalpatient.com/crohns-disease/%E2%80%9Chumira%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%93-a-miracle-problem-drug-for-crohn%E2%80%99s-disease

    ReplyDelete