Friday, November 2, 2012

Awoke during the middle of the night to nausea and it just wouldn't go away.  I forced myself to stay still and with the heating pad eventually fell back to sleep.  This is common with Crohn's Disease.  Your food doesn't go all the way down because of inflammation in your intestinal tract.  Of course this morning I am in horrendous pain and suffering.  I am ever so thankful that I don't have to get up and try to go to a job and put on a happy face.  I tried doing that for many years and it was miserable.  At least I can be in the comforts of my home and deal with this on my own, there is something to be said about that.   The problem with having a disease is that it is so multi faceted.  You don't just have one problem.  It is a variety of symptoms and together they make you very miserable.  I am sure this is true with most diseases.   If you see someone with a known disease, remember they may be suffering from many ailments.  Give them a little extra grace as more than likely they will need it.  I think this may be true for even folks who are well, they may have health issues that are ailing them.  I guess my point is be kind to each other, offer a bit of warmth to your fellow human being, life isn't easy for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment