Saturday, December 6, 2014

Eary afternoon I am so exhausted I crawl back into bed to sleep, even though I spend all day in bed.  My fear that is repeated night after night is waking to pain that leaves me unable to move.  I keep pain medication and a drink on my stand so I can reach over and take it, but then I have to lye there waiting for it to kick in so I am able to move and even then it's miserable.  With three Auto Immune Diseases it's hard to know which one is causing this. I suspect my Crohns as it's opposite my lower right abdomen.  If I go to the doctors it will be another Colonoscopy. I fear these procedures as they do them like blood tests on patients with Crohns.  Do them enough and you are likely to be one of the statistics for one reason or another.  I have been cautioned by relatives of Crohn's patients no longer with us who have gone through this and the one thing they say is don't let them over do this testing.  Not only that, but let's be honest it's a miserable prep.  I am not suggesting that others forgo this testing, I'm just saying for myself that enough is enough.  We know I have Crohn's, fissures and extreme inflammation and since there's no cure what good is the test again, again and yet again.  I realize it's a Cancer Screening and that I get, but nothing changes in six months to a year that drastically.  I honestly think it's a money maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment