Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Crohn's Disease is a living hell of daily torture and pain.  Swollen and abscessed internal organs make daily living difficult if not impossible.  I have known pain as I delivered two babies naturally and I would compare the pain to the pain of delivery.  You are dammed if you eat and you are dammed if you don't. I'm sure many people think you are living with a little occasional or even frequent diarrhea, let me tell you that isn't even the base of the problem.  Crohn's Disease slowly kills your intestines and colon and slowly but surely tortures you to death in the process.  Along the way it picks away at other areas of your body and the attempt to treat it brings you scores of other ailments some so debilitating that you wished Crohn's Disease was your only problem.  This is the life of a patient with severe Crohn's Disease.  You wouldn't wish this existence on your worse enemy.  The torture doesn't let up and the pain is unbearable! I am not sugar coating it as the truth needs to be told, it's true it may not be this bad for all but for myself and many this is my daily existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment