Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Today I went against my better judgement and tagged along to grocery shop at Costco.  I have no idea what I was thinking and why I thought all of a sudden I could handle this type of trip.  I spent most of the Costco visit in the restroom wishing that I was at home. As nice as it is to get out, it just isn't worth it.  Many people suggest that I just push myself to do things and pretend everything is okay.  There is no pretending with Crohn's Disease.  It is brutal and relentless.  You can't just imagine yourself well and life as normal.  I am in my pajamas and it is early afternoon.  I feel as if I ran a marathon instead of a simple trip to the store.  From now on I will listen to myself as I know what is best. My normal isn't the same as others, but I will stick to my normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment