Monday, January 14, 2013

Could not fall asleep last night so about midnight I had toast.  I was out of my normal bread and had to have healthy whole wheat.  Boy was that a big mistake.  I thought I was going to die this morning and it continues through this afternoon.  I cried, screamed, put my head in a towel and just prayed to god that I would get through it and somehow I always do.  My intestines are very swollen and I really wonder how I continue to live with this day after day.  This is a damm hard disease and completely brutal.  I usually eat a small amount of yogurt, applesauce and smashed banana with peanut butter and a piece of fish.  Trying to keep things that are easy to digest, soft and high in protein and or nutrition.  Needless to say, today I have a loaf of my plain white unhealthy bread that is easier to digest and I hope my Crohn's will settle down.  All in the day of the life of someone with Crohn's Disease.   Surviving these brutal episodes wears you down mentally and physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment