Thursday, January 31, 2013

I have never been one to run to the doctors and I think that was my downfall with this disease.  Twenty years ago I had a bad episode and passed out split my chin open after being up all night with what now I know is Crohn's Disease.  Over and over again I complained about strange symptoms as was blown off.  I think that is really why today my Crohn's has never been in remission while others find relief.  There unfortunately are many like myself who just don't get out of the flare and live quite miserably.  If you think something might be wrong with your health and you feel like you are misdiagnosed or in my case blown off, keep at it.  You know your body better than anyone else and if something is wrong, get to the bottom of it sooner than later.  I'm pretty sure I have had this disease since I was little.  I thought everyone had painful bowel movements and problems with pain in their stomach.  It is not the case and so it went on for so many years and is unbeatable because of that.  You are your best advocate, don't let anyone tell you any differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment