Saturday, January 5, 2013

I am avoiding calling my mother because I cannot hide how miserable I am to her and I don't want to upset her or give her unneeded stress.  When I'm not feeling well the emotions take over.  My poor daughter has seen this in me over the last few weeks.  Usually I can put a smile on my face and pretend I am fine but lately I haven't been able to do that.  I cry everyday over pain that I cannot seem to get a grip on.  Usually a person who doesn't feel good can put on a good face and get through it, but chronic severe pain is hard to live through like nothing is going on. The face of being chronically ill isn't easy and I'm tired of pretending it is.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya on this one. Hiding our issues to avoid more stress seems to be common with our disease.

    ReplyDelete