Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I have been on a low residue for restrictive diet for about a year and a half.  I quickly lost 30 pounds and then finally found a few things to keep me going.  Low residue is basically low fiber, easy on the system bland foods.  If I don't keep to this, I pay heavily.  Yesterday for some odd reason I decided to eat Four Bean salad, let's just say it's easier going down than coming out.  My colon and intestines can't tolerate much.  I basically exist on toast, white only as the healthy bread is just to hard to digest.  I am allergic to Peanut Butter but eat a small amount of organic as the protein is almost all I get.  Even though I am lactose intolerant I still eat Activia yogurt a bit each day, the probiotics are important.  I can tolerate bland eggs, though the though of eating them turns my stomach, just because I am sick of them. I try to eat the high Omega 3, as it's about all the Omega 3 I get.  Crackers are tolerate as long as they are not the healthy type.  Bland soda, usually Diet Sprite.  I know coffee is a no no, however I need it to keep going, so I have a few cups in the morning.  Sometimes I can eat canned pears or applesauce, but it's more of a treat as the fiber doesn't agree.  Bananas are a staple for me.  That has been my diet for some 17 months now.  I truly crave healthy food.  I would love to have grains, proteins, veggies and fruit but unfortunately it doesn't love me.  Since I am unable to treat my Crohn's Disease this is another way for me to try and control it, it doesn't necessarily work but it helps along with trying to control the pain.  Energy is a big problem on this diet but you have to do, what you have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment