Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Not only is my Crohn's severally flaring but I woke up completely stiff and hurting in my joints.  So much so I couldn't stand completely upright.  My husband said it reminded him of his father, hunched over.  I took a  shower and while I was in there, the tub was filling with water.  I soaked in my tub with the jets for a long while and it did help things.  I was able to take the dog for a short walk and then the Crohn's pain took over.  I have started drinking Acai Berry to try and help with the inflammation.  It tastes not so good but is tolerable. Does it help?  Like everything else I take not really.  But I am willing to try and do just about anything to help.  I continue to consume very little and keep the foods that I do eat to a very soft consumption.  Yogurt, soft banana, organic peanut butter and occasionally a piece of bread.  What I would really like to eat of course, would be a great big salad, nuts, vegetables and a big piece of salmon or chicken but I have stuck to this diet for a year and a half and I will continue as anything else absolutely kills me.  I continue to consumer my probiotics, multi's and all the other vitamins in the hopes that something will make a difference.  I am still hopeful with the research that is new that replacing our immune systems will ultimately be the way to go.  Otherwise we are just treating a non-stop out of control train that continues to run harder and longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment