Monday, November 28, 2011

And so it goes, my gut hurts so bad today, I can't even fathom eating.  Doesn't mean I'm not hungry but I tried to eat a boiled egg and couldn't finish it, hurts too much.  Doesn't make sense I realize, but it is how it goes.  I never understood why I always so pictures of skinny (deathly) skinny people with Crohn's disease.  It seemed the norm.  Now Crohn's patients appear chubby and very bloated.  It's all the new medications that keep your immune system suppressed or of course steroids can do the same for you too.  When your not on medications for whatever reason, the weight just slips off.   Not to mention the steady bowels.  So if you see super skinny people who don't look healthy, don't be so quick to judge them.  It may be out of their control.  Just like being overweight it can suck to be way underweight too, not to mention malnourished.

No comments:

Post a Comment