Monday, November 7, 2011

Central Oregon GI care is less than impressive

So my doctor never called me back after my office visit.  So I called Friday to see what my Liver results where since he was so gun ho on having me have a surgical biopsy.  My numbers went from mid 80's to low 50's.  HUGE drop, since 40 is the top of a healthy liver.  If I'm getting better being off these drugs that are hard on me, why would I go through a surgical biopsy.  I believe a lot of the time what the doctors do is related to money.  I know it is cynical of me, but being as sick as I have been I no longer jump when they say I need to have something done.  I study what they want to do and think about what I will go through and whether the results are worth the trouble, otherwise they would have me running for tests all the time.  I don't  understand why it is so hard to get tests results either.  Especially blood tests, they used to send me the results and now I have to call and practically beg.  So I asked about the Cimzia and she had no idea what I was talking about.  Really?  Really?  So I explained the situation to her that my Insurance called me and said 1/2 a dose would take up my year allotment of funds available for drug coverage and I had applied for financial assistance.  She said she would get back to me, yet to hear from them and frankly don't expect to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment