Monday, November 21, 2011

Some people may wonder what my point is in writing this blog and complaining as it may seem.  But honestly, I have come across so many people in the same situation as I myself find my health.  A neighbor has a grown child with an open fistula draining.  They think it's no big deal because this child doesn't complain.  Let me tell you, I'm sure there's a lot of pain going on and it's being well hidden as I myself tried to do for many, many years.  People couldn't and still have a hard time believing I am as sick as I am, because I put a smile on my face and don't have the words CROHNS taped across my head.  There are many young people dealing with this disease too.  My daughter actually has a couple of friends suffering.  One very young.  One thing I can be thankful for is that it didn't hit me till my kids were teenagers.  I was able to enjoy their young years with them.  I wished I had worked less and enjoyed the time more.  Even though I think I did more than most, now looking back that money was not worth the time I gave up.  Especially healthy time.  I now know that being healthy is the most important thing in the world. 

1 comment: