Thursday, February 9, 2012

My hero is my 20 year old son who faces seizures on a daily basis since the summer before his Senior Year of High School.  He doesn't let it get him down, he forges on and does everything that he wants to.  He is an avid motorcycle rider and racer.  He is the first to say mama do you need a pain pill, you don't look well or is there anything I can do to help you.  He takes medication that really does help keep his ticks at bay but on the flip side makes him feel pretty crummy.  You couldn't tell that by looking at him, you would never know there was anything wrong with him.  He lost his Senior year of varsity Tennis because the school refused to make an exception for him not being able to take full classes soon after his diagnosis.  He loves to work, goes to school and my inspiration, anytime I start feeling sorry for myself, I remind myself of the plight he has taken on at such a young age and forge forward.  I never asked for Crohns Disease and he never asked for Siezures.  If he can do it, I surely can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment