Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Everyday you wake up, you choose how you want your day to go.  Now, some things are out of our hands.  But if I woke up everyday cranky, crabby and mad at the world because of my situation my day would be that much worse.  Not saying that I am not like that sometimes, yes I can very much be like that. However, when I think about it, I choose to be happy.  Maybe miserable, in pain, fatigued, on the toilet, in bed, slightly depressed but still trying to be as happy as possible to the people around me.  I think that is the misgiving of Crohn's.  We put our best face forward and if people don't try to get to know you further, they would think it's no big deal to have crohn's disease.  On the surface, no big deal, a little diahrea.  Why can't you get better.  Are you not trying?  Do you like being sick?  Get over it and move on.  Well, it's just not that easy.  We may not go around telling everyone who asks "How are you today"? Oh I am sicker than a dog and feel like crap, literally.  We smile our best and say fine.  Hardly anyone really wants to know, how are you really today?  So remember that when you are out and about.  The person at the checkout may be suffering from some disease and making the best of a bad situation.  After all, isn't that what most people do on a daily basis.  Very few people, have health, happiness and love and if you do, don't take it for granted one minute of any hour or any day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment