Sunday, October 2, 2011

One of the hardest weeks of my life.  I am doing research into pain management.  If I can't get help for my crohn's with my liver being sick then I am going to have to consider alternatives.  One could be surgery, removal of my ileum.  However, if that was a sure thing it would be a better solution, it doesn't always fix the problem and being my insurance won't cover elective surgeries it would have to be a life threatening situation to get it covered otherwise it would be a burden to pay for it myself.  Having a colostomy doesn't appeal either but if I could trade crohn's for it, it would be a no brainer.  I have sent off to get information about acupuncture, haven't received a response yet but I had a relative who used to use it for migraines and I have watched her having it done and would be willing to try it, if it's not too costly.    Also, I have looked into going to a pain management clinic, which would be covered by insurance.  My other option is to try and find a doctor who would prescribe LDN which may include making a few trips a ways away to accomplish that and pay out of pocket.  These are the things I am pondering after surviving a grueling week of pure hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment