Sunday, October 30, 2011

So first off my doctor comes in the room and asks how my lactose free diet is going am I cured?  I am like what the _____?  I stare at him and then say I'm the one whose liver issues caused me to not be in your Drug Trial and I emailed you asking to see you as I am so sick.  He asked if my name was Stacy and when I said no left the room for a very long time.  Okay, so far I'm not overly impressed.  He comes back and wants to know my liver results from seeing me GP I tell them I don't know but the GP said not life threatening or enough to be overly worried about.  I told him I thought they sent him copies as I requested but he's online with the Hospital.  He said it may take him a while to get online and I said I could call and ask, he said no that's okay and again left for a long time. Okay, shall I say strike 2?  I'm grateful to be seen though so I'm being positive.  He comes back, I know he's done nothing, but insists I never had the tests done. Hmmm, my husband was with me and I remember specifically having the needle stuck in my arm but okay.  Wants to run the tests again.  Strike 3?  He's not being I hate to say (truthful)?  But lets move on.  He insists I need to have a surgical biopsy for my liver problems as I might have liver disease, I begin to cry and tell him it's just too much along with the crohn's and lupus and would it matter, the GP said it's getting better. He said he may have to insist and make me.  Make me, you haven't earned my trust yet.  I asked about LDN he had no idea what I was talking about.  I said the pain is shooting I spend most days in bed and am controlling the bowels by not eating.  He said he's putting me on Cimzia.  I said I read if you have been on Remicade and Humira and they haven't worked after being aggressively used that you can develop problems trying another strong biological, he didn't agree.  Takes me out to the nurse and said set her up on patient assistance and blood work have her return to old doctor in 6 weeks. WHAT THE HECK.  First off, I haven't agreed to take Cimzia and secondly I am seeing him not old doctor.  I go up to lab and have a note to go back to Dr's.  They said he wants a Colonoscopy, I said last time a week before you called me telling me to get it approved myself and I knew I couldn't in a week so I cancelled, I didn't want to go through it again and why do I need a colonoscopy he never mentioned it, can I talk to him and of course he is gone.  So I leave knowing they want me to go see GP to get a colonoscopy not even sure why?  Did I mention Cimzia causes LUPUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Among a host of other things like cancer and I have a growth on the side of my head.  Did I mention strike 4 or maybe 5?  I think he's out but now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment