Wednesday, October 19, 2011

So my doctor (primary) was able to get my prior authorization done in a few days, usually takes a month.  They went completely electronic and even though his patient load has been low in order for them to transition, I can see the benefits.  So I called the doctors to make an appointment and 5 people later and me crying on the phone, I finally talk to my old GI's nurse and he said there are no appointments for many months and I should go to the ER or urgent care.  I hung up very disgusted.  Then I had an idea, I figured out my new doctors email and sent him a message saying I was unable to get anyone to make an appointment for me on the phone and would he please see me.  He immediately responded and said someone would be calling me and today I got that phone call and appointment for next week.  So, good news!  Nothing has changed with my health, still shooting pain, but hope that this doctor will be able to help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment