Friday, September 23, 2011

I have to discuss the costs of these "Big Gun" Drugs.  I understand that it takes money to run trials and test these drugs.  But really!  I know many patients are able to take advantage of some assistance, thank goodness.  But there are still a lot left out in the cold unable to afford these expenses.  I know myself my debt from my health is astronomical.  I looked into the possibility of the next new drug today and my insurance would cover it with a 40% copay and up to $2500 a year.  The assistance covers $500 for a copay up to 17 times.  Lets talk about this.  First off the wholesale of the drug is $1400 an injection, that is cost.  I think retail is about $5K.  Now tell me why does it need to be marked up so much.  At 5K my insurance would cover a 1/2 of an injection.  So much for me being able to go onto the next drug available.  I know I am not alone, there are many, many and countless others who are in the same situation.  We have government paying as said on the news $8.00 for a cup of coffee and $16 for a muffin on our dime but we don't have health care.  Hmmm.  Maybe they could all bring their own food and we could take care of our countries health problems.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment