Monday, September 12, 2011

Just received a call from my Trials Drug nurse.  Bad news, am I surprised, ugh!  My liver is too sick to continue on the drug trial.  My heart sank.  I explained to her that I received a call from my GI's nurse and was told that I needed a liver biopsy and would I agree to it, well not having any further information I called back a week later and asked for a copy of my tests and was told in no uncertain terms, nothing was wrong and of course when I brought up being called for a biopsy they acted like I had made it up.  I am taking a medication that can be known to be hard on the liver and helps with my daily pain.  So I am going to ween myself off of this and hope and pray that when I go in on the 21st to have it redrawn that it will have changed enough to include me.  It has only decreased 6 points in two months and I need it to decrease 8 points in 9 days.  I know, I know but I have to try, what else have I got.  The first dose of this medication has to be taken by the 27th to keep me in this study.  Looks like I am going to lose my chance to receive help with this drug which leaves me with only two other choices, one being a last resort and the other being 20,000 dollars a month out of pocket.  Which means I may not have any other choices, a bag.  I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment