Sunday, September 18, 2011

This morning I am really appreciating my family.  I was up all night with severe pain, not even pain pills, heating pad or sleep aid could help me get any rest.  Up and down to the restroom, my poor dog finally left the room and went and slept in the spare room.  My boys are gone and so I was on my own and it's not easy.  At one point I contemplated going to the ER as I often do.  Knowing that unless there's an obstruction there probably isn't a lot they can do for me.  I finally gave in and got up.  Personally, I think if you are in a severe flare as I am you need a caregiver at home with you.  Being on your own is just too tough.  I suppose if you are in remission or your crohn's is moderate maybe you can make do, not to make light of any crohn's symptoms.  That's why I can't understand the inability for crohn's patients to get social security benefits.  So I am up and trying to not think about how much I really hurt and maybe I will become tired enough eventually and be able to sleep through the constant pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment