Sunday, September 11, 2011

So about this Drug Trial I have joined.  It is a drug that has been used very regularly for Psoriasis.  My Trial doctor knows of patients on this drug for Psoriasis.  The funny thing is, the last "Big Gun" drug I was on caused Psoriasis.  It started around my neck, a lupus rash and the lupus rash across the nose and cheeks commonly called the Butterfly Rash.  It then spread into my scalp, ears and started to spread on my face.  I stopped the drug, steered clear of the sun and it's better but hasn't gone away.  So with some luck and PEOPLE I NEED LUCK it will clear up my psoriasis.  I have noticed my hair falling out again and it could be the psoriasis or the so called lupus.  But these are all small compared to the severe crohn's that I am suffering from.  So the drug company is trying to get it approved for use with Crohn's.  If it is approved, I guess the benefit is that there is another drug in the few choices available and insurance would now have to cover it as use for the big C.  It is my understanding this is the third phase and so I think it's promising.  There are some pretty severe side effects that I try not to think about.  One is a reversible syndrome ( a very scary reversible syndrome) the others are all par for the course in my eyes as I have been exposed to so much with all of these strong medications.  Kind of like when you hear on TV a commercial for a new drug and then you hear them list all the side effects which sound worse than what the drug was going to treat.  With that said, I am at a stalemate with my health, something has to be done as living with this on a daily basis has become a huge mountain to climb and so I am moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment