Saturday, September 10, 2011

So it has been a few days since I posted.  My trip to the Drug Trial proved to be a bit much for me.  I ended very sick the next day.  Crohn's ended me on the bathroom floor and a simple trip to a local drugstore ended with me not being able to leave the toilet in the store for an extended period of time and wondering what the heck I was going to do.  Luckily, my hubby came in and got me and helped me out of the store and home.  God bless my dear husband!  My day at the Trials appointment proved to be a bunch of testing and a worthwhile visit with a new doctor.  I dropped off my frozed stool samples, nice huh?  Took four nurses to get about 8 viles of blood and a few pricks, why do they call it pricks when it actually is a little more painful than a prick.  My veins have all but disappeared.  My EKG was fine and my xray went fine too.  Still awaiting results.  The doctor I saw also suffers from an IBD problem and therefore seems a bit more in tune to how horrible this is for me.  He actually seemed to care that I am as sick as I am and said he was more than hopeful about my participation in the upcoming drug trial.  If I am given serum the first time and don't get any relief, I will then be put into the study with the drug. If I am given the drug and it helps well then I just continue into the trial. If I am given serum and improve I would continue.  So we will see what happens.  It all is dependent on my results of my tests.  If something shows up wrong I have one more chance to retake the tests.  I was also sent home with a diary to keep.  Number of stools, temperature, medications taken, pain level etc...  and my overall well being which has become to be a big problem.  I have much more to say about this drug trial and will try to continue talking about it and discussing it as I progress along.  It was refreshing to see a new doctor who thought the fact that I am controlling my illness as best as I can by not eating, laying in bed and pain pills to be a less than adequate way to be living my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment