Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The biggest misconception about this disease is the pain.  I can't begin to explain the excruciating or constant pain that Crohn's Patients go through. I think when you say you have Crohn's Disease people think, well you have to go to the bathroom a lot or at least more than they do.  That's the least of it people.  The real true problem with this disease is the pain.  It is constant for some like myself and at many times like myself down right more than we can take.  The fatigue caused by the constant dealing with the pain is draining.  You just become zombie like having to deal with hurting minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day.  The doctors ask about your pain yet they offer no help or solution.  In fact, GI doctors are almost unwilling to prescribe pain medications.  Yet, time and time again I read from others that the pain is the biggest complaint.  Imagine having a cramping period and then live it everyday.  Hmmmm, I bet they would prescribe pain medications for theirself or other family members.  Crohn's Disease is a chronic illness with daily chronic pain for many like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment