Friday, December 9, 2011

So I received the $1200 bill for lab work from my Family Doctor.  When I called they said it just looked like I had a lot of lab work done and did I want to pay.  I said there had to be a mistake as my doctor is really good about telling me about large costs and letting me make a decision and he hadn't mentioned that the blood work that day would be over $1000.  So she said she would send me a detail printout.  I received it yesterday and it appears that I was double, triple and quadruple charged for the same tests making the bill so high.  I called and she said it was a good thing I checked my bills and questioned it.  How many things should we be questioning from our so called professionals.  Just because they say you need something done, do you really?  I could run to the doctors everyday at some point I have to take control and decide what is really needed and what isn't based upon intuition and experience with this disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment