Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My sister called me last night and could tell I was miserable.  Bless her heart for asking.  Most people including relatives just don't want to ask, know or hear about it.  Because it's the same thing over and over they get tired of hearing about it.  They think you should be better by now.  Can't some medication cure you, could you eat differently and seriously I think they think, are you really trying to get better.  It hurts when you know people are thinking like this.  The only way they are truly going to ever understand would be to have to go through this or something similar until then they will go on living their lives and not really caring.  I have one relative who means well but keeps telling me I need to get a bag and then my crohn's will miraculously go away.  Another one who suggests a certain diet and yet another who says I should try some medication.  Well I have tried almost everything, I have over 50,000 in debt from treatments, procedures, tests and medications I am no better off and actually worse for the wear because of it.  I really think I do just have to live with this.  Try to make the best of it and live each day and take what I am given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment