Thursday, December 1, 2011

Central Oregon GI Care Isn't Very Good

So I called this morning and cancelled my upcoming appointment that the last doctor (new doctor) made for me to see my old doctor, who I thought did me little to no good as far as helping me.  I am at my whits end with the GI care here in Central Oregon.  There is a large elderly population here and the bulk of who they see I believe is screening colonoscopies.  My original doctor now just works mostly doing these at the hospital.   So they never called me back concerning whether I received assistance for the $10K a month medicine they wanted me to go on which causes Lupus and I read possibly siezures.  I honestly don't even know at this point that I would take it.  They never called me to answer why he wanted a colonoscopy once again and hadn't discussed with me at my appointment.  When I called to cancel my appointment they didn't even ask why.  The reason they didn't ask is because they don't care.  This large clinic in Central Oregon is lacking enough doctors in this particular department to give good quality care.  I am disgusted, sad, disappointed and mad that they don't take care more seriously.  I feel I get better care at my local family doctors office.  Stop taking patients if you can't adequately treat the ones you have.  Furthermore, I am a particularly hard case, I realize that, but you would think I would bring on the need for them to figure it out and want to conquer the hard case instead of the daily screenings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment