Monday, December 19, 2011

Visited my daughter over the weekend.  I so enjoyed seeing her and happy to have the visit.  Came home and basically went to bed, so tired.  She basically has the energy I used to have before becoming sick.  It's nice to visit but even nicer to get home.   Home is my refuge and comfort.  When you don't feel well, being home is such a present that you sometimes take for granted.  If I run to the bathroom every hour there's no need to feel embarrassed.  If I need to lay in bed during the middle of the day, no one is judging or wondering why.  The relaxation you receive at home goes hand in hand at helping with the fatigue of crohn's disease and lupus.  Sleeping in my own bed and being comfortable is a huge help to the lupus and aches and pains that go along with it.   I used to love to go and hated to come home now it is just the opposite.  Home is my present that I give to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment