Friday, December 30, 2011

Received a letter that my GI doc and Rheum Doctor are leaving.  I am not surprised.  The GI care in Central Oregon at this particular facility really sucks!  I have been a patient there for over 10 years, frankly I don't think they really care at all about their patients.  They are all there for the money.  Seems to be huge lack of empathy for the really sick in this department and it feels like they are really there just to do procedures. No wonder they are having such a hard time getting doctors to come there.  This isn't just my opinion, I have heard the same from others.  I guess its comforting that I am not the only one who feels like they just plain suck!  Why would you become a doctor and see patients and not have some compassion and follow through to their care.  They are just there to spend their allotted 3 minutes with you and never hopefully have to talk to you again.  I think they are just being pushed to see too many patients. If the doctors were actually given the appropriate amount of time and follow up to take care of you I am certain they would give it their all and you would have good care.  It didn't used to be like this.  They have lost sight of their true reason for being in this particular practice.  Shame on them for giving in to the powers at be and letting it get this bad.  This is not a good area to live in if you are sick with bowel problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment