Saturday, January 7, 2012

Humira, I wished I had never ever taken this drug.  The risks for me did not out weigh the benefits.  Severe liver issues which I am still recovering from and am reluctant to take anything for fear of hurting it even worse.  Lupus, yes lupus and my doctor said they had heard of another patient who also got lupus from Humira.  The lupus is a problem and another auto immune disease to tangle with on top of the Crohn's Disease and and even harder to diagnose than Crohns (still working on that) but all signs clearly point to Lupus as there are tell tale signs of rashes that very clearly in my case indicate it.  The joint pain, rashes, sores etc... UGH!  I never really felt any relief or much of anything from taking it.  Not to mention that it hurt like hell.  It is possible that it was doing some work and I never felt the relief, I am not naive about this whole situation.  But for signs that I would feel or see in my case it wasn't worth the risk!

No comments:

Post a Comment