Monday, January 30, 2012

NO one knows what they are doing at the GI Department in the Bend Memorial Clinic.  Seriously, it is so screwed up.  Applied for Cimiza Assistance end of October, told I would be called in a couple of weeks.  3 months later after begging for answer was told it was approved that they would call me last Friday to schedule shipment.  All of this after being rejected for Stellara Drug Trial due to living issues caused by Humira. All the while I am dealing with the same incompetent person at the Clinic.  I was directly told by my Coverage that they would not cover Cimzia and to apply for assistance. My drug coverage for a year is $2,500, not even a half a dose of Cimzia.  This person at the Doctors office assured me I was covered and my copay was $25.00.  Today I finally get a call from Cimzia and I was never even processed for assistance but ran through someones insurance the end of October by the Doctors Office that covered me with a $25.00 copay.  Not my insurance.  Furthermore they talked to someone at my Insurance who said I was covered.  If I want to continue to try and get Cimzia 3 months later, I have to figure out on my own if my liver is healthy enough and then apply.  Phew, am I mad, disgusted, not surprised because at the Gastroenterology Department at BMC they don't treat you like they really want to be bothered to help you get better.  This isn't an isolated event, this is how they function and it's literally pathetic!

No comments:

Post a Comment