Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Seriously if you live here in Central Oregon you are screwed as far as getting good GI care.  It's embarrassing how really bad it is and the lack of caring involved.  I called Friday to check on my Cimzia Medication to see if it had been approved and like I said previously when I was there in October they never even sent the request in.  No wonder when I called a couple weeks later they never called me back.  All of this lovely care is being presented to me by Bend Memorial Clinic.  Now here I sit and no one has called me back.  If I request to see a doctor to get the answer it will be a four month wait to get in.   If we could sell our house and move to get better care elsewhere we would.  Unfortunately, with 16% unemployment and foreclosures sitting empty all around us, that isn't possible.  Now I'm not saying all care at Bend Memorial Clinic is awful, just for me at the GI Department it is and has been.  My Primary Care Doctor is wonderful!  He is now attached to St Charles and I am thankful to at least have that.  My coverage only lets me see local doctors. If I had the money I would drive the 200 or so miles and go to Portland, unfortunately I don't and I don't know how practical that would be anyway,.  So if you live somewhere and you can get in within a weeks time to your GI be thankful, if they call you back within two to three days be thankful as that is not the norm everywhere. It is really tough to be this sick and have that type of care.  I am not alone, I have spoken to several people who feel the same way and have experienced the same care.  There is only one GI other than at the clinic to see and I got a second opinion from him once.  My friend is going to see him today, so I might consider trying him.  That would be my only other choice for this area. He's not friendly, no bedside manners and doesn't really listen in my humble opinion, but maybe I don't need that?

No comments:

Post a Comment