Saturday, August 20, 2011

Crohn's Disease and Lupus

So it seems that one of the big gun drugs I was on may have caused Lupus.  I broke out in a horrible rash all over my neck and a red rash on my nose and cheeks.  It looked like I had been seriously burned.  Then slowly I developed Psoriasis on my scalp.  My joints are in excruciating pain, I can't sleep on them am stiff when I get up from sitting and I wake up very stiff.  I have nose ulcers which are uncomfortable to say the least.  The medication that supposedly caused this was stopped many months ago and I was hoping these symptoms would go away.  Seems that Lupus is hard to diagnose and I should have let my family doctor take a biopsy of the rash when he wanted to.  One more thing to add to the list of issues to live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment