Thursday, August 25, 2011

Living Daily With Crohn's Disease How to Tell Who Your True Friends Are

Quickly upon getting Crohn's Disease you can tell who your true friends are. Family members included.  People who constantly take from your energy run for the hills when they realize it will no longer be about them only.  Not intentionally either..  But the takers will not want to give and given their nature will slowly drop off the planet.  Even true friends, the ones you invested the most in are the first to go.  Family members that you thought truly cared about you, no longer are involved in your life.  God forbid that you complain, I'm sure they are thinking can't you handle a little bowel problems.  I mean really!  How bad can it really be.  Even when you hold back and don't complain or let them know truly what's going on, just in the sheer fact that your energy isn't there and available will change the dynamics of your relationship.  How to tell who your true friends are including family, it's the ones who say how are you doing?  You say, fine and they say, no how are you really doing?  They are saying to you, it's okay to complain, go ahead and tell me the truth, I am here for you.  The friends that call and say I haven't heard from you in a while are you okay?  And it's okay that I have learned this lesson as I spent many wasted years giving my time and energy to people who truly were not what they seemed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment