Friday, August 26, 2011

Daily Living With Crohn's Disease and Colonoscopies

So lets talk about what we don't want to talk about.  The dreaded Colonoscopy.  My last experience one of many was horrible.  Before I had always had to drink down the dreaded gunk and make love to the toilet.  Last time they gave me pills that you drank with liquids.  I kid you not, I had to take a bucket in our van and use on the way to my procedure.  Now they wanted me to have another one done recently and I am just so disgusted with my quality of care and the fact that they called me and told me I had to figure out how to get it approved that I cancelled it.  I was warned by a friend whose father had crohns and ended up getting punctured on one of his routine procedure, not to let them use it as a regular routine on me.  Furthermore, I explained that last time I had a procedure it was over the top with the big D, that I had to bring a bucket.  They really acted like they could care less.  Well lets see one of them or their loved ones drive 45 miles using a bucket and see how big of a deal it is.  Needless to say they said I could take the medicine till I ran clear.  Oh really, after how many procedures and now you tell me.  There is a lack of understanding of our daily lives with the people who are in charge of caring for us.  Before becoming a GI they should have to live with a flaring crohn's patient for 24 hours and really see what it's like to be in our shoes, I think the quality of care would be a lot better! Sorry, just saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment