Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Living Daily with Crohn's Disease How many is too many?

So what is an average day of bowel movements.  I can go up to 20 times a day.  I have been awake 2 hours and have already had 3 trips.  You wonder with as little as you eat to keep the pain at bay where all of this comes from, but somehow it's there.  Early on in this disease it was mostly in the morning when I was trying to get the kids off to school and on to work.  I remember telling the kids to hurry get out of the car I had to get to a restroom, then going home and then finally leaving for work with a change of clothes.  After having to go and buy clothes to wear once at work, I learned a valuable lesson to carry a change with me.  Then as this disease progressed I can no longer have a reprieve during the night, it's all hours and all times.  Ask any Crohnie and they will tell you every restroom within a short radius of their house.  You have to know as it can be crucial at the most critical times.  For a crohn's patient, it's not oh I need to have a bowel movement sometime soon, it's oh I need to have a bowel movement now and it will not wait!  In line at the grocery store, getting your hair cut, at the doctors etc..., so you find yourself cutting out the things you can do without.  I cannot make appointments and keep them, sure enough I will be sick and flaring when I need to leave or be there.  Hopefully people will understand the need to isolate ourselves.  We are not rude, we are not trying to dwell in our disease we are just living the life with way too many trips to the restroom.  It is after all our reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment