Saturday, August 27, 2011

Living Daily With Crohn's Disease

How many of us keep track of what our bowels look like.  It's true, it's an indication to us of our flaring.  When we go to the doctors they have a 1 to 5 scale and want us to describe what our bowels look like.  If we don't look, how will we know.  My first indication that something wasn't right with me was way back many years ago and I told my doctor that I thought mucous from my sinuses was coming out my bowels.  She told me to eat more fiber.   Hello!  How many healthy people have green or otherwise mucous coming out their bowels.  For me this is a sign of CDiff.  Very hard to get rid of and very miserable.  Mostly found in nursing home or hospital patients, crohn's patients are known to get this problem too.  Of course blood is very common for me and no longer is alarming to me.  The big D is regular and I even find times when constipation is a problem.  Sometime it can really run a whole gammit (if that's even a word) of symptoms.  One common thing with all of these descriptions is the accompanying pain.  Sorry for the descriptions today, but if you too need to look you are not alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment