Monday, August 22, 2011

Daily Living with Crohn's Disease

Received a call about a week ago from a doctor in my GI's office.  He was wondering if I would be interested in joining a drug trial for Crohn's Disease.  There is basically only one big gun drug left that I haven't tried and it's similar to the last two I was on that ultimately didn't work.  Not only did the last one not work, but caused my Lupus and growth.  This drug is in Phase 3 and has been successfully used for Psoriasis.  It is human made and is given in injection.  The Trial is a Placebo, Drug and Drug at a dosage right based upon your size.  After the initial 6 weeks you can join the trial and continue in the medication you were receiving or stop at anytime.  So, I am going tomorrow to find out more information.  This drug has some side effects that make you worry, but I guess they all do, just some more than others.  I would only try it and continue if I felt significantly better.  So I will let you know how it goes.  More information to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment