Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Daily Living With Crohn's Disease

So I got a call from my nurse a few weeks ago after being seen and he said that my doctor wanted to do a liver biopsy.  Well, this just floored me.  I had been sick a few years earlier with a hepatis from a drug that made me very ill.  I would sit up all night not being able to sleep, feeling like I had the flu but nothing much becoming of it other than being very sick.  I called back the next day and asked how they do it, well he went on to explain that they put a needle between the rib cage and biopsy.  Well, needless to say I don't have enough faith in my doctor to let him do that.  Then a week later I called and wanted the full results of all my labs and she said everything was fine.  Now wait a minute?  A week prior they wanted to do a liver biopsy and this week it's fine.  When I pointed that out to her she didn't have much to say.  That was when I lost all hope in getting decent care in the area that I live in. The major clinic in my dept is inundated with patients and you cannot get a return or initial appointment for months.  So, is my liver sick?  I cannot tell for sure.  I have been sicker than usual this week with most of my time spent in bed.  If it continues I will go into my local family doctor who has earned my trust and respect.  With all of that said, these big gun drugs are hard on your system so nothing would surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment