Monday, August 1, 2011

Living Daily with Crohns Disease Topic: Therapeutic Reasons to Have a Pet

About a year ago we brought a new member into our family, my first ever pet.  Because of allergies I had never been able to have an animal as a pet.  But after many trial and errors I found a breed that doesn't cause an allergic reaction.  This little sweethearts name is Bear.  He is my right hand man.  Bear knows when I'm feeling bad and crawls up in bed with me and gives me several kisses and then curls up with me and helps me get through it.  He is a reason to force myself to get up and walk him everyday even when the joint pain is horrendous, he still needs his exercise.  There is no way to wake up in the morning grumpy when someone is so dang excited to see you.  If you leave even for a minute the homecoming is tremendous joy, just a reminder frequently of how much you are loved.  My point being, if you are suffering from a illness that leaves you home and maybe even alone, a pet can make a tremendous friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment