Friday, August 5, 2011

Living Daily with Crohn's Disease

So, I finally broke down and went into the Doctors yesterday.  The pain during my cycle and flaring is just more than I can stand.  I'm in need of a hysterectomy.  Long story short, my uterus is enlarged and I have benign cysts with heavy bleeding.  My insurance has decided that this surgery is elective and is opting to cover it, if I have it done at a much lower rate.  50% coverage instead of a $700 deductible, needless to say, the difference is keeping me from being able to get this done.  So my doctor checked to see if I am anemic, which I probably am because of the heavy bleeding.  I have not heard back about the results yet. A month ago I was very close to being anemic and with the situation I am in, I would think I am.  I won't go into my rant about my insurance company today as I don't have the energy and my guess is you can fathom what I am thinking about their decision or lack thereof, lets hope my appeal or new blood work will change their mind.    

No comments:

Post a Comment