Sunday, August 28, 2011

Living Daily With Crohn's Disease

I am sitting here waiting for a pain pill to kick in so I can function.  I made the mistake of eating some real food yesterday, two pieces cheese pizza and paid for it on the white throne.  When I mean pay for it, crohn's patients just don't have extra bowel movements or diahrea, the reality is pain so horrific you cry and hit the walls to get through it.  With that said, how can we be expected to work.  If you can get through these horrific bowel movements then going back and pretending it didn't happen doesn't work.  I am in so much pain afterwards that lying down and taking something to ease the pain is the only solution. I applied for disability 4 times and gave up and I'm sure many others have.   The anxiety alone in going to work and knowing this will happen is over the top for most people yet you are expected to do so.  I am appalled, dismayed and saddened that not only are you sick but the assholes who make the decisions based upon their educated opinion decide these factors for you.  How about they come spend a day in your shoes and then decide, see first hand if you are really sick or not, seems fair huh?  If it takes them 6 months to decide, surely they have an extra day in those 180 days that would allow them the time. Again just saying, my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment