Monday, August 8, 2011

Living Daily with Crohns Disease By Crohnsnme

A couple of years ago I started passing up a mucous fleshy type specimen out of my mouth.  It left me with horrible breath and it would come out and fly across the room at any time.  Very humiliating. I just felt like it was in my throat and would neither come out or go down.  My GI did an endoscopy found nothing, my family doc did xrays of my chest nothing.  Finally, I went to an ENT who put a scope through my nose and found it in my Adenoid.  Right side, infected and had a growth.  I had surgery to have this removed.  Would not advise an adult to go through this as it was very, very painful.  Only to have it grow back.  I have read that there are side effects to some of these big gun drugs for Crohn's Disease and can't help but wonder if this is one of the side effects.  With my immune system being constantly supressed it shouldn't be surprising.  So I continue to live with this, I have yet to go back to my ENT to discuss this.  He was dumbfounded in the first place and told me that surgery may or may not take care of it.  Knowing I won't go through surgery again, I suppose I should eventually have it biopsied again to make sure it's still just infection I'm dealing with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment